Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Cakes

The girls love to cook, while I merely tolerate it. So when they want to help contribute to the Thanksgiving feast, I oblige and let them pick out a recipe for a dessert for us to cook together. Syd chose my Aunt Annie's Gooey Chocolate Cake recipe, while Mak wanted Coconut Cream Cake. I should have stuck with the easy recipe for Coconut Cake that I've used before, but no...I have to make things difficult, so naturally, I decided to give Paula Deen's recipe for the cake a try. It was a very long and messy process, and in my opinion not nearly as good as the recipe I already had, but Makenzi had a ball making it. Both she and Sydni love being in the kitchen!
Gooey Chocolate Cake is delicious served WARM and with a glass of milk. Yummy!

She ate nearly an entire bag of coconut flakes throughout the duration of making this cake!

No comments: