Sunday, November 13, 2011

Makki's Smurf Turkey!

If you haven't noticed, we get into classroom projects around here! Sydni did this "Undercover Turkey" assignment for Mrs. Rich, and now it is Makki's turn to follow suit. She had her heart set on a "Detective/Spy Turkey", and was DETERMINED to find a tiny magnifying glass for her turkey to hold. That was the only requirement - the tiny magnifying glass.  I asked if I could draw the magnifying glass, and of course, that wouldn't be good enough. She wanted to "hot glue it" onto the turkey. (We have a new affinity for hot glue after Daddy used the glue gun on her car for the Transportation Parade.)

I searched Hobby Lobby high and low for said magnifying glass, and...NADA. She made the next logical choice and decided on a SMURF Turkey...again, I can't follow her thought process on this one, so we went with it. How one decides on a Smurf Turkey after having her heart set on a Spy Turkey baffles me, but like I always do, I just went with the flow.  For those of you who know Makki, you are well aware of her BIG, CREATIVE imagination. It's a thing of beauty, and I'm not just saying that because she's my kid.  The things she thinks of and says floor me. I so wish I could catch her on video playing Barbies or with her little toys she loves to collect.  She will be back in her room for HOURS creating her own little "Makki World" of sights and sounds. 

I'm told her Daddy used to do A LOT of make believe involving sports. Being an only child, Donnie did a lot of playing by himself. I love hearing his grandpa tell the story of the baseball games that would go on in Poppa Donnie's backyard that only involved one player. He will say, "It sounded like their was a bunch of other kids out there playing with him, but it'd just be Donnie Ray!" He would do the color, the other players voices, the WORKS, all the while pitching, batting and running the bases! Apparently, the apple didn't fall far from the tree with Miss Mak.


It should say "Smurfette Turkey", but we didn't have enough room.
Pretty cute, Makki Jo!

No comments: