Monday, October 31, 2011

Monster High Girls on the Prowl!

Halloween has become a big deal at the Hart House.  I'm not sure what started it all....perhaps Sydni's DeeDee Doodle costume, but each year we try to out-do ourselves.  I've always let the girls pick what they want to be, and so far they've impressed me with their choices.  They pick stuff that I would NEVER think of them being, but it's been costumes that end up being sold out AFTER we order them in August. Thank goodness we plan early for this event.  Donnie is meticulous about details, and even though people give me props for my face painting skills, he's the one who pulls the entire outfit together. For example, he was scouring the toy stores today trying to find Syd plastic, toy bolts for her Frankie Stein neck!  Painting bolts just wouldn't do; he wanted them looking REAL. :) It's a team effort, this Halloween show we put on every year. 

After going through the Halloween Express magazine this year, Syd and Mak both came to me with the Monster High Girls pictures.  I had no clue what in the heck a "Monster High Girl" was.  I was then directed to the Toys R' Us website and made to watch this video.


Now that you are schooled on what exactly a Monster High girl is, here are Syd and Mak's attempt to become their favorite ghouls for Halloween, 2011...









No comments: