Friday, August 12, 2011

Toothless Jo!

Losing a tooth is a BIG DEAL to the 5-7 year old age bracket.  Makenzi has been green with envy that Sydni has had not one, not two but now THREE visits from the dadgum tooth fairy!  She's had a loose tooth for nearly a month (that she wouldn't let me touch) that FINALLY came out yesterday. She told me it was hurting and reluctantly let me have a peek.  Her new tooth was basically wearing the baby tooth like a top hat...it was literally hanging on to her gums by a string!  I took a cue from my Mamaw (who was the queen of pulling teeth) and plucked that little nub out of her mouth before she knew what hit her.  Mary K. Diggs would've been proud! Makki was too excited to be pissed at me for too long, and soon realized that this brief bout of pain would result in cash under her pillow.  The tooth fairy didn't have change last night (I'm guessing), because this morning she was uber-pumped to find TEN DOLLARS under her pillow. TEN DOLLARS. The tooth fairy is a softy who spoils these girls ROTTEN. I hear the tooth fairy's theory is that "You only lose your first tooth once."***insert eye roll here.***  :)
You can see the top of the new tooth! It's the bloody spot on the left side of the bottom middle. I wasn't exaggerating when I said it was already poking through her gum!

I'm not sure why she is making this dorky face, but she's PuMpEd about  this event!

She grinds her teeth like Donnie does, so the tooth was nothing more than a little nub. Very SAD looking...see it at the very bottom of the baggie? Gross. :)

No comments: