Sunday, August 7, 2011

Artwork by Syd and Mak

Forget coloring books...these two artists are entertained with paper and pencil! I've been trying to save and document their artwork throughout the years, and this week they churned out some pretty cute stuff.
MAKENZI - "Mommy in her wedding dress." My friends on Facebook said this one was very Tim Burton-esque.

MAKENZI - "Daddy bringing me a flower."  She loves her Daddy...big hands and all!

SYDNI - She drew a picture for the baby (it's nickname is "Nugget").  Can you tell they are VERY excited for him/her to get here?

SYDNI - Tooth fairies - check out their lace-up shoes.

SYDNI - "Mommy teaching her class." Very Picasso-esque, I must say!

SYDNI - and this piece is the crowning jewel of our collection! This pic is further proof that 7 YEAR OLDS ARE WEIRDOS. Here is the translation for those of you who can't read a 2nd grader's penmanship - "Rapunzel - to Mom and Dad. I love you very much. Love, Syd. P.S. Dad, when you poop, turn on the fresh air." Donnie and I have NO CLUE what Rapunzel and his bathroom manners have in common, but we couldn't stop laughing when she gave this to him the other day. :)

No comments: