Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fun at the Fair!

We had a great time with Granny Deb at the fair tonight! Even though I'm not a big fan of the fair (the people who run the rides and the games basically scare the bejeezes out of me), I eventually loosened up and had fun watching the girls go crazy. Just watching the fair-goers is more entertaining than riding the rides! How do some of these people afford mega-passes when the clothing on their back hasn't been washed in weeks and they look like they slept on the street corner last night? I observed this fair phenomenon when I taught in Lubbock. There would be children in my classroom with wristbands and mega-passes that couldn't afford basic school supplies, clothing or shoes. It's so sad! Enough of my Fair commentary...bottom line, the girls had a ball! Check out the caricature that Pawpaw Marlon purchased for the girlies...pretty cute! I wish I would have recorded them sitting and posing for the artist! Hilarious!

No comments: