Sunday, February 8, 2009

Makenzi Thinks Her Daddy is the Toughest

I have a funny story to share from daycare last week. The director pulled me aside when I came in to pick the girls up to tell me about an "incident" that had occurred with Makenzi that day. It went a little something like this:
Director: Um, we had to put Makki in time-out today. (She says this with a HUGE grin on her face.)
Me: Okay, what did she do?
Director: Well, she had an arguement with a friend, and the friend said that he was "gonna get his Daddy to spank her bottom"
Me: Oh no! Did she hit him? (Makenzi has a very short temper. If Sydni says anything negative to her, Mak usually ends the arguement with her fist. She also tends to fight with boys in her class, so I figured this "friend" was a him.)
Director: No....(she starts laughing), she said "Oh yeah?, my daddy will come up here and kick your daddy's butt!" She said it like she meant it! We had to put her in time out and tell her that she can't tell her friends that her Daddy will hurt them. She also can't use words like "butt".
(The director is giggling the entire time she's telling me about Makenzi's "punishment".)
Me: I'm so sorry! We will talk to her about that today.

Long story short, Makenzi admitted to contracting out her Daddy for violence towards her friends. Makenzi's personality is so fiesty, that I'm totally scared of how it will agree with an elementary school setting in a few years! Her daycare teachers love her, and seem to understand that she has a short fuse, so they usually keep her in check before she can blow up. The last time she had a bad day, she had bitten a friend that stepped on Sydni's sore thumb (when Syd had staph infection). Time will tell how big of an "attitude" our little one will have...leave it to the teacher's kid to be the "problem child".

1 comment:

Hayli Ketchum said...

I can totally hear these words coming out of her mouth! Hey...it could have been worse than "butt!"