Thursday, September 15, 2011

Poor Donnie...

I was convinced this would finally be Donnie's shot at evening up the hormone pool at the Hart house, but it seems that God has other plans for good ole' Don.  We had our final round of fetal testing in conjunction with a sonogram this week, and we were told at the 12 week sono that they would be able to tell the sex at this 16 week scan if we chose to know.  Deb, Syd and Mak came along for the appointment, because I don't think the girls could've waited an entire day at school to learn the news.  For some reason, as soon as she put the wand on my belly, I knew what she would say.  It took a few looks at our squirming little nugget to confirm my guess...WE ARE HAVING ANOTHER GIRL! We are a girl factory around here, and contrary to popular belief, Donnie wasn't the parent who had to take a "moment" to collect themselves.  I've been the one thinking this entire time that I was having a baby boy, but I'm always wrong about these things.  It was a shock initially, but both Donnie and I are VERY excited and blessed to know that we have a healthy baby girl on the way.  The sono tech didn't get a picture of her legs, but it was so sweet how she was already lounging in her Daddy's favorite position - feet stretched out and crossed a the ankles. Again, we were told by the tech that she was  "VERY ACTIVE BABY", which is par for the course with our little girls!  Here are a few pictures of our sweet little girl...
A sweet, little arm.

She's looking at you!

Pretty profile.

Tiny baby! Love the 3D shot. Ready to meet this pretty girl!
It will be six long years since I've held a newborn baby in my arms, but suddenly waiting until February after seeing her this week, seems like such a long time! Knowing that she is  "SHE" is making her impending arrival all the more real.  We spent last night going over furniture rearrangements and creating a list of baby names that we could both agree on...the only problem this time around is that we have two more opinions chiming in!  Here is the list of names that are our top contenders at the moment. (Morgan will be her middle name, more than likely, so try these names out with that to get the full effect.)
1. Brinkli (Brinkley...we are spelling everything with an "i" to match the girls' spellings)
2. Lilli
3. Hadli
4. Bayli
5. Perri
6. Jolie (not sure if I can spell this one ending in "i" and it not be mispronounced)

I put a poll on my facebook page where people would "Like" the name they favored, but it quickly turned into a forum for suggestions instead of LIKES! It was funny to see the MANY names people loved that weren't on our voting list.  We gained quite a few votes, and Aunt Hayli came up with "Brinkli" that is on our list and both Donnie and I's favorite.  The girls are already calling her "Lilli" and love that name the most.  I'm not sure how we will decide, but it should be a very "fun" process. :) Either way, we are so happy and eager to meet our Lilli Morgan or Brinkli Morgan Hart!

No comments: