Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mommy is Going Back to School!

I'm only taking one class in the Spring, but I'm finally starting my Master's degree in January! My plan is to earn my Master's in Curriculum and Instruction and to someday develop curriculum and lessons for English Language Arts departments to implement into their Secondary curriculum....that's the goal, but I'm not sure how long it will take for me to realize it!
To start me on my journey, last month I applied for a scholarship through the Texas Tech College of Education. The scholarship was offered to English Language Arts teachers in the Lubbock area who were interested in going to Graduate school and would be willing to participate in a study called Project T.A.L.L.. I figured I would at least apply, and that if I won a spot on the project team, that would be a sign that I needed to go back. Well, I found out two weeks ago that I've been awarded a partial scholarship and will participate in the Spring study! I'm one of ten other Reading/English teachers to participate, and I had my first Project meeting before Thanksgiving and signed up for class. I'm really excited about going back, and I hope I can stick with it and FINALLY finish up and earn my Master's degree in the next two years. It should be interesting!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Lenzi- I am so excited for you. You are so motivating to me...I can't believe that you can fit school into your schedule too! Congratulations on the scholarship.