Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Makenzi's 5th Birthday!

Just like with the Halloween costumes, I never know what type of birthday party the girls are going to request.  Makenzi's Wizard of Oz party last year resulted in my rush-ordering supplies because I couldn't find the stuff she'd requested at any of the party retailers in Lubbock.  Why did I think this year would be any different?  Hoping to curb the "rush" fees, I had her looking for party stuff in October!  She had her heart set on having a "Unicorn Party", and lucky for me, Celebrate Express had unicorn stuff, but in VERY limited supply.  Who knew unicorns were in such high demand?  Nevertheless, we pulled it off and Makenzi had a swingin' good time at Ready, Set, Go!  Her classmates and cousins were able to play in the foam pit, jump on the trampolines, and swing on the bungee cord harness.  After loads of cake, ice cream and play, Makenzi proclaimed that "this is the best party EVER" at the top of her lungs! (High five, Donnie!)  Mission accomplished. 

Mmmmmm....Aunt Norie's Bakery cake. Delish!

Alyx (Makki's cousin) and the birthday chick!
She REALLY wanted to be standing still at this moment in time while I took pictures of her. ;)
Syd had a ball, and now wants her next birthday to be at Ready, Set, Go!
Where in the heck are we gonna put this stuff?
Sweaty, happy birthday goers! 

No comments: