Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Grilling With Dad!


Bob and Deb gave Donnie a gas grill for Christmas, and let me tell you, we love it! (Especially me, because he wants to cook every night now!) We went to Barnes & Noble and bought a grilling cookbook, and Donnie is well on his way to being a top-notch chef. (He could already cook a mean steak, and his hamburgers were delicious, but he's venturing off into new territory with this cookbook!)
Our little Martha Stewart, Sydni, had to get in on the grilling action yesterday and "help" Dad grill. She found her apron Granny Mar made her, and even wore the special oven mitt, too. For those of you who don't know Sydni very well, she inherited her mother's ability to trip over her own shadow and injure herself without much assistance. Something about her hovering over an open flame made me nervous, but Donnie let her assist him anyway. Of course, if sister is doing it, Makenzi has to give it a try, so before Donnie knew it, he had a few grilling partners to monitor! Apparently, Sydni thinks food that she helped cook tastes waaaayyyyy better than anything Donnie or I cook on our own, so last night's chili dogs were the best she's "ever tasted, EVER!" Maybe if I start letting her help me cook the veggies she will keep the same opinion???

2 comments:

Emily said...

I just love Sydni's poses. They crack me up! She is definitely going to be the next Vanna White! I bet Donnie had his hands full. Too much fun, guys!

The Reynolds said...

Your girls are getting so big! It's hard to believe! They are adorable! Let me know if Syd likes the veggies that she makes!