Sunday, October 5, 2008

Class of 1998 Reunion



I feel so old. It is such a cliche, but ten years really did go by too fast for me. I look in the mirror and see the beginnings of wrinkles, or the few elusive sproutings of gray hair and it dawns on me that I will not be in my twenties forever. Actually, I only have two years left before I'm thirty...an age I used to view as "old"! My ten year reunion didn't do anything but validate my worries that I won't be young forever. I'm not sure what I expected, but the actual reunion was pretty fun. Only ten of us showed up (not including spouses and children), but we enjoyed visiting and telling old stories. Donnie thought it was so neat that we had stories from third grade to tell about each other. The beauty (and downfall) of growing up in a small town is that you literally grow up with the same group of people. My classmates and I had been in school with one another from kindergarten through 12th grade. That's a lot of stories, and needless to say, we had plenty to tell on Friday night after the game! Saturday at the park was fun, but the most entertaining part of the entire reunion was karaoke in Amarillo. All in all, it was a wonderful weekend, but I WILL NOT BE IN CHARGE OF THE TWENTY YEAR REUNION!



No comments: