Tuesday, July 19, 2011

4th of July...Without the Fireworks

Due to the drought conditions in Lubbock County, we were not allowed to shoot fireworks this year.  Although the girls (and I'm sure every MALE in the county, including my husband) were disappointed, I actually WASN'T. As a paranoid, morbid mother, 4th of July freaks me out. I'm always fearing the impending danger that could befall my children amidst explosives.  Call me crazy and unpatriotic, but my "have no fear" children are not to be trusted around fireworks. :) Anywhoo, back to what we actually did sans fireworks - we did what any true American families do and cooked out in our backyard.  The Bennetts came over to celebrate with us, and as always, we had a great time with them. Here are a few pics from our get-together.

Syd and Belle - just a swingin'

Mr. ALL BOY, Beau Bennett

The Gals sporting red, white and blue

Makki - always with messy hair, no matter WHAT I do to it! ;)

Mr. ALL BOY, playing in the dogs' water! LOL!

We hit up the park after cooking out

He's a cute little guy!

No comments: