Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Gift of an Ordinary Day...

I think I learned after the illness and passing of my Nana, that "ordinary days" are heaven on earth. The ordinary days entail the moments when there isn't a crisis, special event, chaotic celebration, or depressing drama. Ordinary days are the hours I missed terribly during the year Donnie and I were apart...simply preparing supper while Sports Center blared in the background was an event I craved and missed terribly! I've learned the hard way to cherish my family and the little moments that I used to take for granted. I thank God everyday for my husband, my daughters and the life that we have together. The ordinary days are what I love the most, and on this rainy Sunday, I took the time to enjoy a lazy afternoon with my husband and girls. We baked a cake and cupcakes for no reason at all, watched a NASCAR race, attempted a game of Candy Land, and had a tickle war until we were giggling uncontrollably! I didn't need anyone to remind me that the ordinary days are a gift and a blessing, but my friend (thanks, for making me cry Erin!) sent me a link to this youtube video that should remind all of us that the life we are living RIGHT NOW will not be constant. "They grow up too fast" may sound cliche, but Mommies and Daddies know the glaring truth behind that phrase, and Katrina Kenison reminds all of us to love the life we have in her book The Gift of an Ordinary Day. Watch her video below, and grab a few tissues, Mommies!
Yep, it's in the afternoon and we are STILL in our jammies. We skipped church due to the rain...we are weenies when it comes to bad weather!

I love my silly girlies!

Can you say "SUGAR HIGH"?

Per Makenzi's request, we decided to make the icing purple. A purple cake and purple cupcakes to celebrate our rainy day at home!


No comments: